Suffolk care workers up for coveted award
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Care workers at a residential home in Hollesley have been shortlisted for an award.
Staff at Glebe House Residential Care Home are finalists in the ‘Care Team’ category at the South East section of the Great British Care Awards.
Manager Trish Middleton: said: “I am incredibly proud of my team, it’s been a challenging time, but they have stayed strong and faced it together through mutual respect, trust and co-operation.
“Staff have shown real dedication in ensuring choice, dignity and respect is at the forefront of our care."
The home has continued to organise activities despite the pandemic. Including arranging for pupils from Bawdsey Primary School to sing Christmas carols from the home’s garden.
You may also want to watch:
Pritesh Patel, co-owner of the home, said: “We’re very proud of all the staff at Glebe House and wish them the best of luck for the finals.”
The winning care team will be revealed on April 17.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week