Hollesley/Ipswich: Second suspect in Luke Durbin murder case re-bailed

DETECTIVES have re-bailed a 26-year-old man from the Woodbridge area arrested in connection with the suspected murder teenager Luke Durbin.

The 19-year-old from Hollesley vanished after a night out in Ipswich in 2006.

The 26-year-old suspect was the second person to be arrested by officers from Suffolk Constabulary’s major investigation team.

He was detained in late June on suspicion of being concerned in the murder of Mr Durbin, but bailed pending further enquiries.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said the suspect has now been re-bailed until January 23.

A 40-year-old man from Ipswich is also currently on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of Mr Durbin’s murder.

He was arrested at a terraced house in Spring Road.

Most Read

Last month his bail extended until December 11.

Mr Durbin, of Hollesley, was reported missing to police by his mother on May 13, 2006.

The former Farlingaye High School pupil had gone out for the evening with friends on Thursday, May 11, 2006 in Ipswich and did not return home.

Extensive enquiries have taken place over the past six years and in 2010 the investigation was taken over by the major investigation team.

Earlier this year, police released previously unpublished CCTV pictures of Mr Durbin, believing it would help to find out what happened to him.

The search for Mr Durbin was taken on by the major investigation team around two years ago.

Over the past 12 months, investigators have searched railway lines, retraced the route he is believed to have taken and searched an area surrounding Foxhall Stadium, near Ipswich, where someone reported seeing Mr Durbin. An address in Ipswich was also been searched.

New footage of Mr Durbin approaching a taxi just after midnight in Cardinal Park was reviewed and released to the public in the hope that it would trigger someone’s memory.

Among the areas where officers have conducted inquiries was the bus station in Ipswich town centre, where Mr Durbin was captured on CCTV at 4am on Friday, May 12 as well as the area of Quay Side in Woodbridge.