Hollesley: Man who failed to return to open prison, Oliver Uren, is detained in London
- Credit: Archant
A man who absconded from Hollesley Bay last week has been recaptured.
Oliver Uren, 22, failed to return to the open prison last Friday afternoon.
Suffolk Constabulary were informed this morning Uren had been detained at Walworth Police Station in London.
Uren is serving a six-year sentence for robbery and was due to return to the Suffolk prison by 3.30pm on Friday after being given temporary leave.
He called to say he had been admitted to hospital but a spokeswoman for Suffolk police said that was checked and “appeared to be untrue”.
You may also want to watch:
He will now be returned to the prison system.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn