School friends reunited 60 years after leaving Hollesley Primary School
- Credit: Archant
A group of friends who went to school in Suffolk over 60 years ago have reunited.
Brenda Howlett, nee Ward, organised a BBQ to reunite a number of her friends from Hollesley Primary School.
The friends then known as: Brenda Ward, Jean Walker, Ann Harris, Gill Beer, Grace Roberts and Sylvia Mann met up recently, decades after they left school.
The group of friends, many of whom still live in Suffolk or the surrounding areas, left the primary school in 1954.
“It was absolutely lovely. and it was a beautiful day” said Mrs Howlett.
You may also want to watch:
In the time in between one or two of the friends have moved away, got married and had children.
Despite the time that has passed and the amount of changes that have taken place in the world around them the friends are still very close and still talking about days gone by.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 10 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
“There is a lot of talk about school,” laughs Mrs Howlett, “and what things we get up to.”