Hollesley: Two more violent prisoners abscond from Hollesley Bay
- Credit: Contributed
Two more violent Hollesley Bay prisoners have gone on the run from the open jail sometime between last night and this morning.
Police were contacted just before 8.40am today and told the two – Paul Devereux, 42, and Jonathan Ewing, 44 - had absconded.
Devereux, who was serving a life sentence for robbery with an imitation firearm, is described as white, around 5ft 9ins tall, of stocky build, with short brown hair, brown eyes and several tattoos including a snake/dagger design on his forearm.
He has connections to the Sudbury area.
Ewing, who was serving an indeterminate sentence for wounding/ GBH with intent, is described as white, 5ft 11ins tall, of slight build, with balding brown hair and blue eyes, with a number of tattoos and facial piercings.
He is known to have connections to the Colchester area.
AnneMarie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Police are asking anyone who may have seen them or anyone with information about where they are now to contact officers. You should not approach them or take any further action.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 3 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 6 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 7 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 8 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 9 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
- 10 Ed's guitar raffle pays for new Music Ark in primary school
“If you can help please contact Suffolk Police or your nearest police station using the national police number 101.”
Last month a convicted robber and a kidnapper who walked out of Hollesley Bay within 10 days of each other in July were both jailed for eight months.
Daniel Best, 25, had been serving an indeterminate sentence for kidnapping his ex-girlfriend from a house in Ipswich in 2007.
Mark Donnison, 43, had been given an indeterminate sentence for robbery and assault in 2007. The 43-year-old was detained in Christchurch Park, Ipswich, a week after going missing.