Hollywood star Pamela Anderson loves Suffolk cider
SUFFOLK cider brewer Aspall has received a ringing endorsement from actress and pin-up Pamela Anderson.
Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson has been embracing one of Suffolk’s finest exports.
The former Baywatch pin-up, in London to promote her latest film, has admitted she has developed a taste for Aspall cider.
Pammi revealed she visited a country pub for a pint of Aspall and a veggie burger after speaking to Oxford University students about vegetarianism and animal rights.
She said: “I love apple cider. I’m not into beer or bitter but when I’m over here, it is my drink of choice.
You may also want to watch:
“We stopped off at the Four Horseshoes, in Stokenchurch, and I had a pint there. It was lovely.”
The 43-year-old, who was famously married to Motley Cr�e drummer Tommy Lee, was in London for the premiere of her new film The Commuter, a 30-minute movie shot solely on a camera phone.
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
Eamonn Hanlon, who runs the pub, near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, with wife Kathleen and daughter Angela, said: “I wasn’t here at the time but I’m told she was very polite and very friendly.
“She wasn’t with an entourage and came in with just two others.
“They sat in a corner and commented on how nice it was to see an open fire in a pub.
“She chose the veggie option from the menu and drank her cider in two halves. A lot of the regulars were very disappointed they weren’t here at the time.
“We have been serving Aspall for the last 18 months and so far it has been going down well. We get through a keg in about eight days.
“As for celebrities, we have had a few stop by. We are just a traditional local with a good atmosphere – and good beer of course.”
The Aspall brewery is based at Aspall Hall in Debenham, near Stowmarket, and has been owned by the Chevallier family since the mid-18th Century.
The company supplies a range of bottled and draught ciders to pubs and shops across the county and beyond.
A spokeswoman for the company said: “It is really great to hear Pamela Anderson enjoys our cider and we are aware of a number of celebrities who share her approval.
“The recognition is particularly good news for us as the brand continues from strength to strength.”