Holton: Car set on fire on track
A CAR has been set alight on a track just off Sparrowhawk Road, in Holton, near Halesworth.
A crew from Halesworth was called to tackle the blaze at 7.55pm this evening.
They used two hosereels and wore breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire which was put out by 8.40pm.
They had already been called to the same location earlier on in the evening but it is believed somebody returned and deliberately ignited a different part of the vehicle.
The previous incident was also attended by Halesworth and occured at 6.30pm.
Crews returned to the fire staiton by 9.41pm.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof