Holton: Man charged with assaults and causing damage
A 24-YEAR-OLD man has been charged with two counts of criminal damage and three counts of assaulting a police officer in the execution of their duty.
The charges come after officers were called to Bungay Road in Holton on Sunday.
A police spokesman said: “We were initially alerted to reports of a disturbance around 9.15pm and found the front windscreen of a vehicle smashed. A 24-year-old man was later arrested in connection with this incident and with damage at a nearby property.
“Steven Clarke, of Bungay Road in Holton, was subsequently charged with damaging the car and a window at a home and with assaulting three officers during the course of his arrest.
“One officer was detained at the James Paget Hospital overnight after he reported being kicked in the head, while another was bitten in the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Steven Clarke has been detained in custody to appear at Lowestoft Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park