Home and restaurant hit by fire
A man was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation following a house fire in Ipswich today.
Paramedics and firefighters were called, at around 12.20pm, to a three bedroom semi-detached house in Hilton Road.
The blaze started in a bedroom on the first floor of the property but spread no further throughout the house.
Fire crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road stations used breathing gear and a single hose to tackle the flames, which were under control by 12.46pm.
Paramedics treated a man at the scene for the effects of mild smoke inhalation but he did not need hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, in Bury St Edmunds, two fire crews from the town were called to Bang Bangs restaurant in Hatter Street.
A small electrical fire had broken in a fuse box at around 1.20pm but firefighters were able to get the flames under control using dry powder extinguishers by 1.43pm.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
Elsewhere, fire crews remain at the scene of an undergrowth fir in Brandon. A crew from the town were called at 1.43pm to reports of a fire off the B1106. They were joined shortly afterwards by engines from Thetford and Sudbury and are still on scene.
Check this website for updates as they come in.