Watch heart-wrenching interview with expectant mum facing deportation at seven months pregnant
- Credit: Archant
A first-time mum expecting her baby girl in 10 weeks’ time has been threatened with deportation has spoken out over the ordeal in a hard-hitting video interview.
Heavily pregnant Grace Smith is distraught after being told she must return to China – as Home Office bosses threw out her third visa application.
The Chinese national moved to the UK in 2015 with husband Dean after meeting in her home country – where they both worked – more than 10 years ago.
In a heart-wrenching interview, Mrs Smith said: “We’re expecting our baby in 10 weeks. All of a sudden everything just collapsed.
“I have no job, no income, nothing. All of this financial burden now goes onto my husband.
“He has to find another second job to support us and he has to make a decision either to go back to China with me and face a fresh start.
You may also want to watch:
“If he stays here he won’t see his baby born, and miss such a major thing in his life.
“It’s so unfair. It’s just destroyed the whole family.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview