Homecoming performance for talented dancing pair
A PAIR of talented Suffolk dancers had a special homecoming last night.
Sophie Hartley and Kanika Carr performed as part of the Central School of Ballet’s national tour at the Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds.
The girls are both 19 and went to Sir Robert Hitcham Primary School in Framlingham before moving on to Thomas Mills High School.
They began their ballet training at the Saxtead School of Dance, which is run by Sophie’s mother, Sandra, and were also Suffolk ballet scholars at DanceEast.
Both teenagers are in their final year at London’s Central School of Ballet.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking ahead of last night’s performance, Sophie said: “It will be really nice to perform in front of a home crowd. My family haven’t watched the performance yet and they will all be there in the audience.”
Kanika added: “It is really exciting. We have both been dancing since a young age and we are looking forward to it.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!