Homeowners warned in caravan fire drama
Police are advising people in the Sidegate Lane area to stay in their homes after a caravan containing propane cylinders caught alight.
IPSWICH: Police are advising people in the Sidegate Lane area to stay in their homes after a caravan containing propane cylinders caught alight.
Firefighters and police were called to the scene of the drama - close to Northgate High School - at 1.36pm.
On arrival three 68 kilo LPG cylinders were discovered and is was initially thought people living in Sidegate Lane and Alma Close might have to evacuate their homes.
You may also want to watch:
However they have now been advised to stay inside and keep away from windows while the three crews from nearby Colchester Road and Princes Street battle the blaze.
Speaking at the scene assistant divisional officer Jon Southgate, of Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, said he could not rule out if the fire was started deliberately.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 10 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
A section of Sidegate Lane will be closed until the area has been made safe and buses are being re-routed.
Anyone with pictures should contact the Picture Desk on 01473 324743.
For the full story see tomorrow's paper.