Honington: 23-year-old man stabbed in Poplar Close
POLICE have arrested a 22-year-old woman after a serviceman at RAF Honington was stabbed.
POLICE have arrested a 22-year-old woman on suspicion of attempted murder after the man was stabbed around 1.50am today.
Officers were called to Poplar Close in Honington to reports of screaming coming from the property.
A 23-year-old man had been stabbed and had collapsed outside the address.
A spokeswoman for RAF Honington confirmed the stabbing had taken place on the base.
You may also want to watch:
“An incident did take place last night,” she said.
She added the attempted murder was not related to the homecoming of 15 Squadron to the station yesterday.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
“It is not related to the 15 Squadron homecoming,” she said. “The civil police are dealing with the investigation so it would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this time.”
The victim was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital where he is still in a critical condition.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is currently in custody at Bury St Edmunds Police Station.
Officers have begun an investigation into what occurred and are asking anyone who saw or heard anything in the area in the early hours to call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.