Honington: Murder probe after stabbing at airbase
A man who was injured in an incident at a Suffolk airbase has died in hospital.
A MURDER inquiry has been launched after a man who received stab wounds at the RAF Honington airbase died last night.
The 23-year-old was found collapsed outside a property in Poplar Close on the airbase after police received reports of screaming around 1.50am on Wednesday.
The man had received stab wounds and was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds in a critical condition. He was later transferred to Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire where he died yesterday evening.
A 22-year-old woman from the Bury area was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the incident and released on police bail yesterday to return to Bury Police Station on Wednesday, March 23.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the victim was a serviceman from the base. He will be named in due course.
A spokeswoman for RAF Honington confirmed the incident had taken place at the base but said it was not related to the homecoming of 15 Squadron on Tuesday.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close