Honington: New commander at RAF base
A NEW station commander has taken over the reins at RAF Honington.
Grp Capt Andy Hall has taken command of the station from Grp Capt Nick Bray, who has been in charge of operations since February 2009.
Grp Capt Hall, who has previously served at Honington, is joined by his wife, Jackie and the couple’s two children.
“It is a privilege to return to RAF Honington and assume responsibility of such a significant and relevant capability,” he said.
“The people and the families of RAF Honington are where our attention lies, ensuring they are prepared and are supported for the operations and the developments that lie ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“Jackie and I are very pleased to be back in Suffolk and look forward to the connections that we can make with and for the station“.
Having completed his tour at the home of the RAF Regiment, Grp Capt Bray will leave for the Royal College of Defence Studies at Shrivenham in Wiltshire before an operational tour in Afghanistan.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car