Honours for EADT journalists
JOURNALISTS from the East Anglian Daily Times scooped two prizes at the annual Shepherd Neame Essex Journalist of the Year competition yesterday.James Fletcher, who recently won another major award, impressed judges so much with his photography they created a brand new category especially to honour his work.
JOURNALISTS from the East Anglian Daily Times scooped two prizes at the annual Shepherd Neame Essex Journalist of the Year competition yesterday.
James Fletcher, who recently won another major award, impressed judges so much with his photography they created a brand new category especially to honour his work.
When he and his Essex-based colleague, reporter James Hore, visited Romania to investigate life 15 years since the fall of communist dictator Nicholae Ceausescu Mr Fletcher produced a stunning and moving series of images.
Meanwhile James Hore narrowly missed winning the most prestigious award when he was named runner up for the coveted major title of Essex Journalist of The Year.
You may also want to watch:
His entry included work on crime stories and he was especially commended for his extensive, detailed and sensitive coverage of the horrific Debra Carne murder, which sent shockwaves through the village communities of the Hedinghams in north Essex.
He was narrowly pipped to the winner's post by Southend Echo crime reporter Michael Clarke who was also praised for his analytical work on crime stories .
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
The East Anglian Daily Times is the only newspaper based north of Chelmsford to ever receive recognition in the Shepherd Neame Essex Journalist of the Year awards since they were started in 2001.
James Fletcher was honoured as Photographer of the Year for Archant – the media group which owns the East Anglian Daily Times, the Eastern Daily Press, and more than 100 other magazine and newspaper publications – at an awards ceremony in November 2004. He is now also Shepherd Neame Feature Photographer of the Year.
Yesterday he said: “I am really pleased to have my work recognised in this way, but it was really a joint effort with my colleague James Hore and I would also like to thank Peter Harlow, the sub editor who designed the pages the feature was on and displayed it so effectively.”
James Hore said: “I was pleasantly surprised that the judges saw fit to recognise my work and I hope I can go on from here to achieve bigger and better things in time for next year's awards.”
Terry Hunt, EADT editor, said: “I'm delighted for both of them. This recognition is deserved reward for consistently high quality work from both James Fletcher and James Hore. I'm really pleased that the judges knew good journalism when they saw it!”