Hopes for permanent Post Office service to be running in Yoxford by October
Plans are afoot to open a permanent facility in the village tea room Louie Lou’s.
Great Blakeham residents Mark and Louise white opened Louie Lou’s Tea Room in Yoxford last month and already have plans afoot to open a replacement Post Office service later this year.
The pair are finalising leasehold agreements with the Post Office, however the new service should be up and running by October.
They hope that, combined with the tea room services, their business can become a community hub for those living in Yoxford.
Mr White said: “When we were looking at coming in here we spoke to a lot of locals and they were saying they would love to have somewhere they can sit and relax over a coffee.
“We are still in conversations with the Post Office at the moment, but we are happy to provide the village with that service.
“We would like to Post Office to be up and running for October and so that it provides a permanent home for people to do their banking, their posting.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
“In the meantime, we are really trying to establish it as a community local facility where people can come to just relax and while away from reality.”
Louie Lou’s tea room supports a number of local businesses by selling products, including teas from Butterworth and Sons, Bury St Edmunds; coffee from Paddy and Scott’s, Earl Soham and hot chocolate from Hadleigh Maid.
The village’s former Post Office closed in July last year following the resignation of the postmaster.
Last month, a temporary outreach Post Office service was launched at Yoxford Village Hall in a bid to help residents access its services.
The outreach service runs from 9am till 12noon every Monday and Wednesday from the village hall.