Horringer and Ickworth WI to celebrate centenary with exhibition
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Horringer and Ickworth Women’s Institute (WI) will celebrate their centenary with a special exhibition in April.
The centenary celebrations will take place at 11am at St Leonards Church in Horringer, which sits alongside the historic Ickworth Park.
The celebration, on Thursday, April 5, will be followed by refreshments and the unveiling of the exhibition at Horringer Community Centre.
There will also be an unveiling of the WI donated bench, which will be located on the village green.
The WI and the exhibition demonstrate the forward thinking and development of their members with its many resolutions and campaigns from 1918 to the present day, inspiring women to complete significant achievements in every sphere of life, from the humble heart of the home to flying in space.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will then move to the West Wing of Ickworth House until Monday, April 9, to be on open display to Ickworth’s many visitors and residents of the surrounding areas.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 10 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300