Horringer: Antiques show will be filmed at Ickworth House
A POPULAR antiques show will be filmed in Suffolk.
Flog It! - a long-running BBC programme - is coming to Ickworth House, Horringer, to host a valuation day in March.
Organisers of the show, which is presented by Paul Martin, said the event will like a “treasure hunt” and invited people to bring along up to three antiques and collectables they might be interested in selling.
Louise Hibbins, series producer, said: “Once valued, the owner and a team of experts decide whether an item should go forward for auction. If the item is chosen it is sold a few weeks later – often with the owner making a tidy sum. Everyone who goes along to the Valuation Day will receive a free valuation – even if their antiques are not chosen to go forward for auction.”
Previous programmes have seen a ceramic bowl, bought for £4 at a car boot sale, achieving £1,500; and a lady in Aberdeen sold a Shelley tea set for a huge £3,400. One man who brought in a ceremonial cup it later sold for an impressive £44,000.
Ms Hibbins said: “Paul Martin and the entire Flog It! team are really pleased to be bringing the show to Suffolk. Ickworth House will provide the perfect setting for our valuation day event; our experts are all looking forward to offering people the chance to have their items valued in such impressive surroundings. We all hope you will join us for a free valuation, if you’ve ever wondered how much your boot sale bargains or clutter in the loft might be worth, now is your chance to find out.”
Sue Ellis from the National Trust says “We are delighted to welcome Flog It! to Ickworth House, we can’t wait to see some of the antique treats brought in by the public and hopefully uncover some little treasures.”
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 9 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
Flog It! will be at Ickworth House, on Thursday March 14 between 09:30am and 4pm. The items selected at the valuation day will go under the hammer at TW Gaze Auctioneers, Diss Auction Rooms, Roydon Road, Diss, on Friday April 5 the auctioneer on the day will be Elizabeth Talbot.