Stranded horse trapped in ditch full of water is rescued
- Credit: Essex Fire Service
A stranded horse was rescued by firefighters after becoming stuck in a ditch full of water.
Crews from Colchester, Chelmsford and the Urban Search and Rescue were called to Elmstead just after 2.20pm yesterday.
On arrival, crews reported that a large, 21-year-old horse was in a ditch full of water and unable to get up.
Crews reassured the horse alongside a vet and worked with a nearby farmer to lift the horse out of the ditch and back onto her feet by 3.56pm.
After being checked over by the vet, the horse was able to trot off happily with her owners.
You may also want to watch:
Incident commandeer Dave Bond said: “Thanks to the crews for their hard work in difficult conditions, it was great to see the horse trotting off happily.
"Incidents like this highlight the variety of skills firefighters are required to have in order to achieve successful outcomes.”
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 9 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from