Horse rescued from ditch near farm in Nedging Tye near Bildeston
- Credit: Essex County Fire & Rescue Service
Three teams of Suffolk firefighters worked for more than two hours to help a horse that had become stuck in a ditch.
Crews from Princes Street and Needham Market were sent to a field close to Hill Farm at around 10.25am today to reports the animal was trapped in a water-logged ditch.
They arrived to find a large horse had managed to wedge itself in a small space and the three units – which included a water rescue team – worked together to lift the animal out.
The rescue, which took more than two hours, involved crews using hoists.
It is understood a vet also came out to assess the animal.
Fire crews had safely rescued the horse by 12.50pm when they left the scene.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons