Horse rider suffers “serious” leg injury after incident with car near Colchester
A horse rider in Feering, near Colchester, has suffered a serious leg injury after an incident involving a car.
An 18-year-old woman from Tolleshunt D’Arcy was riding along Coggeshall Road with two other riders at around 2pm on Thursday, February 11.
An unknown white vehicle had been following behind and overtook the woman’s horse.
Both the horse and rider fell to the ground.
The rider was taken to hospital with a serious leg injury following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are now investigating, and looking to find out what happened.
Officers are particularly keen to trace the driver and anyone else in the area who witnessed the incident, and those who helped at the scene.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
One motorist police would like to speak to is the driver of a silver Vauxhall Astra who stopped to help the horse rider.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.