Horse stabbed in neck
POLICE have appealed for help from the public as they investigate an incident in which a horse was seemingly stabbed in the neck.
The incident took place in a paddock at a livery yard in Stonham Aspal on Friday.
The horse, an Irish Draft cross called Dee, suffered a puncture wound to the neck and after the animal, paddock and stables were examined by a vet, it was concluded that the wound, which is now healing well, must have been inflicted deliberately.
The paddock where Dee was injured is part of a large field that has no houses nearby or road access but has a public footpath running alongside it.
Dee’s owner has called for anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour at the yard on Friday to get in touch with investigating officer Pc Alastair Maidment.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses can contact Pc Maidment of the Ipswich Neighbourhood Response Team on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day