Horse trapped in Baylham, Suffolk, put down after fire crews unable to rescue it
- Credit: Archant
A horse trapped in Baylham, Suffolk, had to be put down on Saturday after it became trapped.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was called shortly after 9am to reports that a horse was stuck in Mill Lane, Baylham.
Three crews attended – two from Princes Street in Ipswich and a third from Needham Market, to help try and free the animal.
It is not clear whether the horse had become stuck in a ditch, a bog or fencing.
Paul Goodman, group commander with Suffolk Fire and Rescue, said: “We attended to a horse that was stuck, and after discussions among the owners and the vet, it was decided it was in the best interests to be put down.
You may also want to watch:
“That decision was a very tough one for the owners and the vet, but it was decided that was in the best interests of the animal.”
It is understood the horse was a 23-year-old shire horse which had belonged to the owners for a long time.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp