- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
There is next to no chance of East Anglia being hit with a hosepipe ban in the near future, Anglian Water has confirmed.
A spokesperson for the company, which supplies water and water recycling services to more than six million domestic customers, said ground levels are currently “very healthy” for this time of year, despite the dry weather that has parched farms and gardens across Suffolk and north Essex in recent weeks.
This is partly due to preventative measures taken to conserve water in the region, with customers encouraged to save every drop when they can.
The spokesperson said: “We monitor our networks carefully all year round and have long term plans in place to manage water resources. Water levels in our reservoirs and groundwater stores are healthy and in some cases above average and we don’t anticipate a hosepipe ban based on resource levels today.
You may also want to watch:
“Having said that, Love Every Drop is in our logo and at the heart of what we do as a business anyway, and we’re grateful to customers who help make the best use of this precious resource in this dry region by loving every drop all year round. We’re a responsible business, and saving this precious resource is the right thing, not just for today, but for the future. We are thinking about next summer and if we want to be in a good position then we also need people to save today. We’ve been sharing practical tips about how people can be water-wise in our region and we’ve had some great suggestions from our customers too.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina