Hotel chain expecting 'record-breaking summer' ahead of reopening
- Credit: The Hotel Folk
A Suffolk hotel chain with accommodation across the county has said bookings have gone "through the roof" as it prepares to welcome guests from next week.
The Hotel Folk, which has properties in Woodbridge, Aldeburgh, Orford, Thorpeness and Lavenham, is expecting a "record-breaking summer", chief executive David Scott said.
On Monday, Boris Johnson confirmed the next step of the Government's roadmap out of the Covid lockdown would go ahead as planned on May 17.
The Hotel Folk has revealed all of its accommodation will open next week, with some venues having received a facelift since they were last open.
The firm is offering free cancellation on bookings up to 48 hours before arrival.
Mr Scott said: "Since the Prime Minister confirmed his roadmap for indoor dining and overnight hotel stays from May 17, enquiries and bookings have gone through the roof.
You may also want to watch:
"We are expecting a record-breaking summer with a high level of occupancy through into the autumn. There is some mid-week availability, but many weekends are now full, particularly at our hotels on the coast."
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light