It’s official - Today is the hottest day of the year for Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Temperatures soared to the highest recorded this year in Suffolk as the county continues to enjoy a scorching heatwave.
Suffolk has basked in glorious sunshine throughout the day, with temperatures averaging 32C across the county.
The mercury rose as high as 35C in Santon Downham in west Suffolk, making today the hottest day of the year in the county - beating last Friday’s figure of 32.9C.
Nationally, temperatures reached 36.4C in Heathrow and Kew Gardens, making it the hottest August day since 2003.
And the hot weather is set to stick around throughout the night and into the weekend, forecasters have said.
You may also want to watch:
Fred Best, meteorologist at East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said: “Temperatures reached as high as 35C in Santon Downham, although other towns and villages in that part of the county may have seen higher temperatures.
“It is still going to be a hot evening, with temperatures likely to be around 25C as late as 10pm – and the minimum we will see in the early hours will be as high as 19C or 20C.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 8 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
“Saturday will not be as hot, but is still set to be another warm day – the highest temperatures will be in the west of the county, where Santon Downham could again reach around 32C.
“On the coast, temperatures will be in the high 20s and around 30C inland. All in all, it will be another hot and humid day.”