Hour delays in new rail chaos
RAIL passengers on the London mainline are yet again facing delays because of another problem with overhead wires.
RAIL passengers on the East Anglian mainline faced delays and cancellations today.
Services to and from Chelmsford, Colchester, Clacton and Ipswich faced delays of up to an hour after a freight train broke down near Chelmsford at about 2pm.
Trains during the evening rush hour were delayed and cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for train operator National Express East Anglia said the problem was sorted and services would not be affected on Friday morning.
She added: “We did have to make some cancellations and we apologise to our passengers but as soon as we could resume the services we did.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 8 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish