House fire and straw bales blaze tackled in Holland-on-Sea and Cooksmill Green
Crews were called to a kitchen fire in Holland-on-Sea last night.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was sent to Grendel Way, in the coastal town, at 6.30pm.
The fire was quickly extinguished with crews wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet and one dry powder extinguisher. The fire was out by 6.48pm.
In a separate incident, crews were called to Cooksmill Green in Chelmsford around 10pm last night.
Four appliances were needed to tackle a fire in a barn containing bailed straw.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said: “On arrival the incident commander reported that the barn measure 50 metres by 10 metres and full of straw bales, 10% of which were alight.
“Crews used hose reel jets to control and contain the fire while farming equipment was used to remove straw not involved in the fire to prevent fire spread.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
“A two pump relief took over at the scene at around 1.30am.”
The fire had been extinguished by 3.15am, however crews remained on site throughout the night dampening down and dealing with hotspots to ensure the fire was fully extinguished and would not reignite.