House fire in Jaywick

Firefighters have tackled a blaze in High Street, Aldeburgh.

Firefighters have tackled a blaze in High Street, Aldeburgh. - Credit: Archant

A man is being treated by paramedics after a house fire near Clacton.

Two fire engines were called to a property in Meadow Way, Jaywick after a blaze broke out in a kitchen shortly before 11.30am today.

Firefighters are wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel to extinguish the fire.

A fire service spokesman said an ambulance has been requested to the incident for one man suffering from smoke inhalation.

An ambulance spokesman said paramedics are treating a man thought to be in his 60s, who is conscious and breathing but made need to be taken to hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus