Plans re-submitted for 75 new homes in Rendlesham
- Credit: Archant
A bid to build 75 new homes in Rendlesham has been resubmitted to planners.
The new development would sit north of existing homes on Gardenia Close and Garden Square.
It would also include 165 car parking spaces and a play area.
Documents submitted to planners on behalf of the applicant, Capital Community Developments, indicate that the new development would take around three years to construct.
An application was previously made for a development on the site last June but was refused by authorities three months later.
You may also want to watch:
At the time Suffolk Coastal District Council was concerned that the site would overdeveloped if it let the plans go ahead with the council preferring a smaller estate of around 50 homes.
It also raised concerns about the level of affordable housing on the site and the properties’ design which was described as poor in the initial application.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
Now, however, the developers say that they have worked through the issues listed in the application with council officials.
The latest application includes an increased number of affordable homes on the site from 20 to 25 with the document stating that the developers had “denied themselves perfectly legitimate profit margins in order to satisfy planning requirements”.
In addition to this there were a number of changes to some of the building designs to reduce concerns about homes being overlooked and overshadowed by proposed architectural features.
Parker Planning Services Ltd, which resubmitted the plans on behalf of the applicant. said it was happy with the resubmission.
A spokesman for the company said: “Parker Planning Services Ltd. were pleased to resubmit this planning application which, echoing recent trends in planning at the local and national levels, embodies the sustainable Garden Village approach to housing development.
“The applicants have benefitted from further pre-application discussions with the council and have focussed on making design and layout changes in response to the planning department’s advice whilst also confirming key matters of fact and principle and look forward to their planning application being determined positively in due course.”
A decision on the future of the site will be taken in the next few months.