19-home development planned for village near Stowmarket
- Credit: Google Earth
A developer has outlined plans to build 19 homes in a village outside of Stowmarket.
Ruby Homes (East Anglia) Ltd has submitted proposals for the scheme, which would be built on land off High Road in Great Finborough, to Mid Suffolk District Council.
The estate, which would include nine affordable homes, would be built to the south of the village.
The proposal includes a public open space area that Ruby Homes said "would enable occupants to recreate whilst providing additional benefits through enhancing the biodiversity of the site".
Ruby Homes also said the construction of the homes would provide "much needed jobs for local people" and bring "significant economic benefits" to the community.
The developer said: "The proposed layout is considered to be an appropriate form of development given the character of the locality and the proposed layout has, therefore, been developed following a detailed appraisal and understanding of the site and its surroundings."
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 7 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking