Small bungalow development proposed for Framlingham town
- Credit: Google Earth
A developer has outlined proposals to build four "visually attractive" bungalows near Framlingham town centre.
Abi Ford Design has submitted a planning application for the homes on land off Station Road to East Suffolk Council.
The site, close to Framlingham DIY the former John Grose car dealership, is currently vacant.
The proposals include building four chalet-style properties, a bicycle storage block and 10 car parking spaces at the site.
Planning documents submitted alongside the application revealed that the developer would retain the "green leafy character" of the area.
The documents added: "This scheme is contextually sympathetic, visually attractive, sustainable in design and enduring.
You may also want to watch:
"The site is well within the physical limits of Framlingham and key housing market area adjacent to its town centre.
"It is a progressive approach to providing housing within a floodplain for future developments.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
"With the increase in dwellings to four it is also now viable to offer a commuted payment towards off-site affordable housing."