47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- Credit: Google Earth
A developer has outlined plans to build up to 47 new homes in the north Suffolk village of Hopton, near Diss.
Land Allocation Ltd has said nearly 150 jobs could be supported if construction of the estate, on land north of Thelnetham Road, is approved.
In planning documents submitted to West Suffolk Council, the developer argued that indirect employment and economic benefits related to the homes could bring in a boost of more than £1million to nearby stores.
In line with planning policy, at least 30% of the homes built on the two-hectare site would be classed as affordable.
Land Allocation's application was for outline permission, with details such as access to be decided at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
The planning documents added: "It is considered that the proposed development can support growth and innovation and includes for the provision of the required infrastructure.
"The proposed development would result in significant social, economic and environmental benefits. The development would not result in any adverse impacts that would significantly and demonstrably outweigh the benefits."
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson