Bid for five new homes in village withdrawn
- Credit: Google
A developer's bid to build five new homes in Lawshall has been withdrawn.
Holt Renovation Ltd had proposed building the small development in The Street to Babergh District Council earlier this year.
The proposals included building three three-bedroom homes and two two-bedroom ones, with each house having its own garage.
A new footpath and entrance to the site was also planned to be built.
The developer said the planned homes were in keeping with the "existing pattern" of development in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Planning documents submitted with the proposals said: "Great care has been taken to ensure that we provide dwellings suitable for first-time buyers and for an ageing population.
"The proposed dwelling mix is appropriate for the location and in line with local standards.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 9 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 10 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
"The proposal will not impact negatively on the amenity currently enjoyed by any of the surrounding residential neighbours."
The plans were withdrawn from Babergh's planning portal this week.