Have your say on coastal town's proposed neighbourhood plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Community leaders in Southwold are encouraging residents to have their say on the resort's proposed neighbourhood plan before it is submitted for inspection.
Southwold Town Council has submitted its plan to East Suffolk Council to be publicised and to invite comments from the community.
Any comments will be sent to the examiner for consideration alongside the plan.
Subject to the plan successfully completing all the relevant regulatory stages, the policies and proposals contained in the plan will be used by East Suffolk when scrutinising planning applications within the Southwold neighbourhood area.
The neighbourhood plan can be viewed on East Suffolk's website and hard copies will be available as Southwold Town Hall.
David Ritchie, East Suffolk’s cabinet member for planning and coastal management, said: "Neighbourhood planning enables local communities to get directly involved with shaping the areas in which they live and work.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage those living in the Southwold area to view the plan and submit their comments."
- 1 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 2 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 6 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 7 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
- 8 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 9 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after crashing into wall