How does a silent disco fitness class sound to you?
- Credit: Archant
Are you fed up spending countless hours on a boring running machine? Why not take a look at this new silent disco class.
Run Tribe is the latest fitness class by Virgin Active Gym and consists of running on a treadmill with a unique music headset playing the best running tracks.
Runners will plough through 30 minutes of running listening to music and motivational encouragement from an instructor.
Virgin Active Gym, located in Chelmsford and Thundersley, says the class is designed to enhance running, speed and power, accelerate fat loss, improve cardio performance and increase mental strength.
During the 30 minutes there are four specifically designed intervals – conditioning, strength, speed and team challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Conditioning is where runners warm up and get used to the system. Strength is an incline-focused interval run to turn the body into a fat-burning machine.
Speed is where runners are encouraged to use their mental strength and energy for repeated sprints. The team challenge gets the runners working in a relay to achieve their personal bests.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
The instructor will be guiding participants through the four stages over the headphones.
There are also two training zones which means Run Tribe can be adapted to suit all abilities.