How many Suffolk and north Essex athletes do you know? Take our quiz to find out
After seeing the OVO Energy Tour of Britain race through our streets on Friday we take a look at the sporting talent which has come from Suffolk and north Essex.
From javelin, cricket, boxing and hockey to discus throwing, the athletes of Suffolk and north Essex excel at them all!
One impressive East Anglian athlete is Charles Clover who is from Ipswich.
Charles was a former postman who then went on to break records as a javelin thrower.
This East Anglian star managed to beat the British youth, the European, Commonwealth and Junior records.
At the 1974 British Commonwealth Games, he threw the javelin 84.92m which was his personal best – this record wasn’t beaten until 2015.
But how many more East Anglian athletes do you know?
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
Test your knowledge with our quiz and see if you know where in Suffolk and north Essex they are from.
Share with your friends and family and see who scores the highest!