How much is a square metre of your house worth in Suffolk and Essex?
- Credit: PA
Do you know how much a square metre of space in your house is worth? New figures have revealed the priciest places for property – and the cheapest.
Chelmsford topped the charts in Essex at a cost of £3,704 per square metre, but was left lagging behind the East of England’s costliest city, Cambridge, where a square metre of space will set you back an eye-watering £5,474.
In Suffolk, St Edmundsbury was the most expensive at £2,569 per square metre, while Waveney propped up the table at £1,814.
Nationally, the most expensive place to buy was in Kensington in London, where a single square metre of property will set the average buyer back more than £19,000.
You can use our map to find the prices for your district.
You may also want to watch:
The data has been released by the Office for National Statistics, and details the average cost of properties sold, broken down by floor area.
In Suffolk, Suffolk Coastal was the second costliest district (£2,509/sq m), ahead of Babergh (£2,502/sq m) and Mid Suffolk (£2,299/sq m).
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 10 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
Followed by Forest Heath (£2,161/sq m), Ipswich (£2,029/sq m) and Waveney was bottom (£1,814/sq m).
In Essex, the second most expensive district was Uttlesford (£3,529/sq m), followed by Maldon (£2,916/sq m), Braintree (£2,882/sq m), Colchester (£2,749/sq m) and Tendring (£2,213/sq m).