How news savvy were you in 2017?
- Credit: Archant
Test your friends and family with our 2017 news round-up quiz.
2017 brought the engagement of Prince Harry to American actress Meghan Markle.
The engagement was announced on November 27 by Prince Harry’s father, the Prince of Wales.
It read: “His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms Meghan Markle.
“The wedding will take place in spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.
You may also want to watch:
“His Royal Highness and Ms Markle became engaged in London earlier this month.
“Prince Harry has informed Her Majesty the Queen and other close members of his family.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
“Prince Harry has also sought and received the blessing of Ms Markle’s parents.
“The couple will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace.”
Prince Harry, who is fifth in line to the throne, has been dating 36-year-old Meghan, who found fame in the US legal drama Suits, since summer 2016.
Their 17-month whirlwind romance blossomed after meeting through mutual friends in London and the pair have been almost inseparable since.