How news savvy have you been this week? Try our quiz to find out
- Credit: citizenside.com
How well have you been keeping up with the region’s news in the last week? Find out with our East Anglia news round-up quiz.
This week in Suffolk the only Post Office in Brantham closed despite a campaign by villagers and councillors to save it.
The Post Office was located inside the East of England Co-op store in Acacia Court, Blenheim Close.
The Co-op claims the closure is down to the counter not being busy enough, however, the Post Office says it is due to the resignation of the postmaster.
An East of England Co-op spokesman said: “Sadly our Brantham Post Office branch wasn’t being used enough to justify being kept open. Of the 105 hours the service was open a week, the Post Office only did business for six hours.”
You may also want to watch:
The next nearest Post Offices to Brantham are in Manningtree and Lawford.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight