How well do you know the A12? Answer these questions to find out
- Credit: Archant
Too many of us have spent long hours on the A12 in Suffolk and Essex – seasoned commuters know all too well every twist and turn, speed camera and pothole.
But even if you drive on it every single day of the week, can you answer these simple questions?
How many long wandering miles does it stretch on for, and while most Ipswich residents will know exactly where it ends, does anyone know where it begins?
Essex County Council once held an enquiry into how it should improve the A12 due to criticism received.
The investigation was held over three days with talks from experts and concluded much of it needed to be brought up to modern dual two-lane standards, with added lay-bys and a ban on HGVs overtaking.
You may also want to watch:
Various works are still in process with ideas to widen stretches and make improvements in the future.
In October, it was announced work could start on a new three-lane section in Essex within five years.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood