Hoxne/Edwardstone: Field fires brought under control
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to deal with blazes that broke out in two fields in the Suffolk countryside this afternoon.
The first involved 10 hectares of standing crops off Wittons Lane, Hoxne.
Crews from Eye, Stradbroke and Harleston were called to the scene at 1.54pm.
They used beaters and three hoses to bring the flames under control by 2.48pm. The fire is believed to have been started deliberately.
Both crews then went straight to deal with a combine harvester fire off Sudbury Road, Newmans Green, Acton.
You may also want to watch:
At 2.35pm, crews from Sudbury and Long Melford were called to a fire involving two acres of stubble and 100 metres of hedgerow off Sherbourne Street, Edwardstone.
The fire was out by 3.14pm.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 9 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains