Human faeces smeared across Great Bromley play area
- Credit: PA
Council workers urgently cleaned a play area after vandals smeared human excrement on the equipment.
Great Bromley Parish Council was alerted to the problem at the Hare Green Recreation Ground on Wednesday morning after a young girl got some of the mess on herself while playing on the swings.
A closer inspection by the girl’s mother revealed the faeces had been smeared all over the frame.
The council asked Tendring District Council for help and a nearby team of contractors, Bruce Landscapes from Colchester, were on site within 15 minutes to give the play area a thorough clean.
Michael Talbot, councillor for environment at Tendring District Council, said he was appalled to learn of what had happened at the site.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I simply cannot understand what makes anyone act in this way and what possible pleasure they can get out of it.
“Why would they want to smear the excrement all over play equipment young children are going to be using and spoil their enjoyment and pleasure – it really does beggar belief.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
“The Parish Council asked for assistance and although there will be a small bill to pay the contractor the main thing was to get the mess cleared away as quickly as possible.
“They were very happy with the arrangement and it is a good example of us working together quickly to sort out the problem for the sake of the children.”