Stowmarket enjoys sunshine carnival with ‘amazing’ procession
- Credit: graham meadows
A host of colourful floats paraded through the streets of Stowmarket on Saturday as the town celebrated its popular annual carnival.
The procession kickstarted a weekend of fun at the town’s recreation ground, with a host of live music, theatre performances, stalls, fairground rides and a big pet show.
Carnival chairman Jayne Woods, said: “The procession was amazing.
“We had a lot more people come along than expected.
“Saturday was great, our arena acts were brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“Today (Sunday) has been melting hot. I have had the factor 50 on but I’m still a little pink. We had to move the arena and put it under the trees in the shade.”
Mrs Woods said she was looking for more volunteers to help out next year.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
“It would be great to get a few more volunteers to help on the day, even if its just for an hour.”
Contact the committee at email@example.com