Hundreds of plastic ducks to be shot into the sky to raise funds for Debenham pre-school
A pre-school in Debenham will be making a splash with a rather wacky fundraising event next month.
Debenham Roundabout Preschool has announced its 13th annual Duck Race on Sunday, May 20.
The event will feature a range of ‘quacking’ fairground stalls run by volunteers and local groups, and culminate in a grand finale featuring over 500 plastic ducks shot into the air by catapult.
Local businesses have provided a selection of prizes for the furthest flung feathered friends including a hamper from the recently opened Hog and Hen Farm Shop and a family pass to Stonham Barns.
Ducks are on sale for £1 from local retailers in Debenham, including Abbot’s Hardware, Vanilla Bakehouse, and Webster’s Newsagents. They can also be purchased outside the East of England Co-op on Saturday, May 19.
The fundraiser is due to take place from 2pm at Sir Robert Hitcham Primary School.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town