Hundreds visit Mid-Suffolk Light Railway Museum for fundraising Victorian Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Archant
The organiser of a Christmas fayre has thanked their railway hosts for giving them “fantastic support”.
Around 450 people visited the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway Museum at Brockford Station, near Stowmarket, on Saturday.
The Victorian Christmas Fayre raised around £1,400 for the nearby primary school in Wetheringsett.
Emma Morris, 44, is from the Friends of Wetheringsett C of E Primary School which organised the event.
She said: “The day went really well, it was a really good even though it rained we had 450 visitors which is roughly the same as last year. The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway holds it; they are the Suffolk Museum of the Year for 2014 and they have given it absolutely fantastic support, which they do each year. They send volunteers along and really help us, they are great.”
You may also want to watch:
To keep up the Victorian theme café staff wore period dress clothing – with wannabe train drivers able to fulfil their dreams for just £5. There were also 25 gift and craft stalls.
Mrs Morris added: “It had a lovely atmosphere, we never charge much for it – £6 for a family ticket and refreshments are 50p – because we want families to have a really great day, but at the same time raise money for the school.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
The event also raises money for other chosen school charities.