Hunt for missing person
POLICE are searching for a missing man from the Chelmsford area in Essex.Peter McKenna, 73, of Torquay Road, was last seen by his son Barry, also from Chelmsford, in Ilford at 2pm on Monday, January 25.
POLICE are searching for a missing man from the Chelmsford area in Essex.
Peter McKenna, 73, of Torquay Road, was last seen by his son Barry, also from Chelmsford, in Ilford at 2pm on Monday, January 25.
He contacted police to report his father missing after visiting his home and discovering he was not there on Wednesday, January 27.
Mr McKenna has only been living in Chelmsford for a couple of weeks, previously living in Masterman Road, East Ham.
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be driving in a red Vauxhall Agila, registration GV04 WHP, which activated automatic number plate recognition cameras in Boston in Lincolnshire on Tuesday, January 26.
Mr McKenna is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, balding with patches of white hair, clean shaven, wears glasses, and was last seen wearing grey jogging bottoms, a dark brown khaki fleece, a jumper which was possibly blue and brown Hush Puppies shoes.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 7 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Supt Steve Johnson said: “He has never been missing before and we are concerned because this is so out of character.
“I would ask anyone who knows where he is or has seen his vehicle anywhere to contact police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Chelmsford on 0300 333 4444.