Hunt for thief after stolen car crashes
POLICE were today hunting a car thief who crashed a stolen vehicle before torching it.The overturned silver Peugeot 206 was found in Main Road, Bucklesham early today.
POLICE were today hunting a car thief who crashed a stolen vehicle before torching it.
The overturned silver Peugeot 206 was found in Main Road, Bucklesham at about 4.30am today. The wreckage was on fire but there was no sign of the driver.
Firefighters from three fire stations were sent to the scene to tackle the blaze as police launched a search for the driver.
The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes but the car was completely burned out.
Suffolk police said today the Peugeot was stolen from Witnesham on March 20.
Checks had been made to see if anyone reported to hospitals in the area suffering from road crash injuries but no one had reported for treatment.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
It is thought the fire was started deliberately after the crash rather than it being triggered when the vehicle overturned.
Anyone with information about the crash or the theft of the car should call Pc Jordan Giddins at Woodbridge police on 01473 613500.