Huntingfield/ Framlingham: Funeral of popular doctor Darryl Peel is held
- Credit: Archant
THE funeral has been held of a doctor who died following a bonfire accident at his home.
Around 230 family, friends and patients gathered together at Bruisyard Hall, near Saxmundham, on Wednesday for the funeral of Darryl Peel, of Huntingfield, near Halesworth.
Dr Peel, 51, died after suffering 80% burns from a bonfire accident on Wednesday, February 6.
He passed away at the specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital, in Chelmsford, having been in an induced coma for more than two weeks.
During a two-hour service Dr Peel’s favourite music was played, while hundreds of photographs of his life were shown.
You may also want to watch:
Addresses were made by Framlingham Medical Practice colleague Dr Jon Turner, cousin Andrew Milestone, friend Andrew Wheeler, friend and former Halesworth practice colleague Dr Richard Kell and also Dr Peel’s wife Susie and their three teenage children.
Mrs Peel said: “Darryl’s funeral was beautiful, dignified and would have made him proud. I am so grateful to all those family, friends and patients who turned out and in particular for the kindness shown to us by the Rous family in allowing the service to be held in the utterly gorgeous surroundings of Bruisyard Hall Barn.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 10 Town remain in talks with Edwards over new deal